Thursday, March 17, 2011
Tuesday, March 1, 2011
I personally have most of these questions at one time or another in my long and notorious career as a software engineer. Can't remember where we stole these from. Shame. I'd love to credit them.
- Walk me through a time when you were working on a small team, and the team disagreed with your ideas
- Tell me about a time when you had to give negative feedback to your direct superior
- Tell me about a time the system crushed your spirit and turned you into a bitter misanthrope
- Tell me about a time you overcame your bitter misanthropy and pretended to care about management's fad du jour
- What is the most entertaining pointed question you ever asked management in a meeting?
- Have you ever played buzzword bingo?
- Brainstorm how your diversity will synergize customer-focused quality transactions with our core competencies
- Tell me about a flawed evaluation metric* you have seen and what it actually rewarded
- How do you prefer to procrastinate?
- If you were to "sell out", how much would you want? No, really - how much?